Easy Cupcake Recipe
This is one of my favorite cupcake recipes, from Annabel Karmel it is a fun recipe to do together with your toddler this half term! And then the best part, is to enjoy eating together…
This is a basic cupcake recipe. You can change the ingredients slightly to make different-flavoured cakes, or add all sorts of icings and decorations so every cake is a mini masterpiece!
- 110g butter, softened
- 110g caster sugar
- 110g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C/ 350F / Gas 4. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl.
- Beat the eggs and vanilla and add to the bowl. Beat until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes until risen, golden and firm to the touch.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Buttercream Icing Suggestions